Tuesday, March 5, 2013

           Hi, my name is Christy Marte. I've never really hated english class, but now that I sit in the back my ADHD kicks in and I don't pay attention as much as I used to. I haven't hated anything so far, but I aslo haven't loved anything. It's not you Miss Santos, it's me. But then again, I don't think I've met a student that loves school.. This book sounds like it doesn't really relate to the author. He might've played with a doll house but I doubt it.. I don't know. The play could be about how he couldn't afford nice toys like this because of his poverty, or maybe about how he's always dreamed about living in a house like a doll's house. It might even be about a girl he likes!!.. that happens to own a doll house.. Just guessing. The only way I can think that this play relates to the author is that he's the one that wrote it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
          Anyways, Henrik Ibsen was born on March 20th, 1828 in Skien, Norway and died on May 23rd, 1906 in Oslo, Norway. He was the oldest of his siblings and his parents were Knud and Marichen Ibsen. His father was a merchant and his mother was a classical woman who loved to paint and play the piano. At 8, his family went through poverty and at 15, he dropped out of school and worked.
           He worked at the apothecary in Grimstad for 6 years. Ibsen wrote the play A Dolls House in 1868, after he moved to Germany. He then wrote Catilina which failed to become noticed. He also wrote alot of plays and around 300 poems that I decided not to mention. When he returned to Norway, he was a literary hero. When he died a few years later, his last words were, "To the contrary!" in Norwegian. He died an amazing writer and I hope I like this book as much as Ms. Santos likes it. She swears its amazing...

http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014?page=3

2 comments:

Mrs. C. Santos said...

You will like it! And we will work on the seating arrangement.

Christy Marte said...

I commented on..
http://shegedus7.blogspot.com/
http://tiffanyalyssa25.blogspot.com
http://rcalderon9.blogspot.com
http://aliyavalencia.blogspot.com