During Act 2, Dr.Rank tells Nora he loves her!! They flirt and do all types of raunchy things in the dark, but once the light comes on, Nora can't even look him in the face. "Flesh colored- aren't they lovely? The light's bad in here now, but tomorrow... No, no, no, you must only see the feet. Oh well, you may see the rest, too." If you're going to do something, you should do it with no regret. Nora knew it was wrong but she went along with it anyways. Her disreputable actions cause most of her problems throughout the play. Her plan was to ask Rank for the money to pay off her loan, but once he told her that he was in love with her, she couldn't go through with it. I don't understand why she'd lead him on for so long if she wasn't going to go for what she wanted in the long run, the money.
Krogstad sent the blackmail letter to Helmer and Ms. Linde was going to help her get it back. She was going to talk to Krogstad on her behalf, but we soon notice that they "had a past." Closer to the end of the act, Krogstad's threatening to kill her but she decides to make a miracle happen before Helmer or Krogstad can get to her. " Under the ice perhaps? Down in the cold black water? And then in the spring, you'll float to the top, ugly, hairless, unrecognizable-." Krogstad tells her this, but she isn't afraid. "Seven hours till midnight. Then 24 hours till midnight tomorrow. Then the tarantella will be over. Twenty-four and seven... Thirty-one hours to live." By the end of the act. Nora's decided to take her own life... Do you think she has the gut?!?
10 comments:
Nice post I love that dr rank loves Nora it is so cute
I didn't think that Nora had the guts to commit suicide. It seemed a little to dramatic.
Dr. Rank loving Nora is kind of sweet and no i never thought she'd kill herself.
I commented on Natalie c's, Micheal Lopez's, Johanna's, and daniella's.
Nora killing herself seems ridiculous and if she's not happy I think it's best she leaves.
I agree with what you said about how when you do something you should do it without regrets! that's just what Nora did
I most definitely agree with you about Nora leading on Dr. Rank and how all of a sudden she was a shame of everything when he confessed his love for her. I was surprise she didnt go along with asking him for the money which at one point seemed to be the only thing she cared about. I think it just showed how his feelings were more important than money after all!
If Nora really decided to kill herself , then the whole book would be pointless.
i don't think Nora has the guts to commit suicide. she probably just has so much going on in her head! i bet she would back out when it comes down to her final moments.
Post a Comment